• Twitter
  • Facebook

Saturday 18 January 2014

Eggs & Berries @ Westgate

No comments:
 


It was truly a night of egg-citement and egg-ravation when I attended the Eggs & Berries tasting session on Thursday evening with my mom.

For me, I love eggs and I can eat like ten per day (though this is highly not recommendable), so I was mighty pleased when I found out that this particular restaurant boasts one of the largest ranges of egg dishes in town. Especially eggs that are half-cooked and where its yolk bursts out of its white walls the moment its cracked. #yum

This outlet is on the second level of Westgate mall, conveniently located less than 20 steps away from Jurong East mrt's link bridge. Easily accessible. 

Knock yourselves out.


Price list, of course.


Their house-special Berries Berries & Sweet Groovy Mango smoothies


Truffle fries (I liked this)


Wagyu Beef Burger


Aglio Olio King River Prawn 



Italia Eggs Benedict Doppio


Wagyu Rump Steak


Now, as with all things, there are good and bad sides. Let's start with the good points first shall we?

I really liked the Aglio Olio; the spaghetti was perfectly cooked, and the egg-and-mushroom gravy went fantastically well with the big fresh prawn. Eggs Benedict was good with the caviar as well, though the rosti is nowhere near Marche's standard.

Unfortunately, not all the dishes were a hit, and I was disappointed with its much-raved about Wagyu Beef burger. The patty was quite dry and the buns were almost rock-hard. However, the Wagyu Rump Steak redeemed itself, in its juicy steak-y splendor with spiced black pepper sauce. That is way more delicious than the beef patty, in my opinion. Don't bother with the smoothies.

Dessert was special - the crepe, ice-cream, nuts and chocolate chips. You can't go wrong with ice-cream, can you?

Overall, I will recommend the prawn aglio olio and the eggs benedict, if you're heading there for a good and cheap meal. Truffle fries will serve as a good side!


Thank you Liqin for the invite!



Nic hit off so well with my mom the entire night, I even had time to Instagram, Tweet and Facebook at the dinner table. I even contemplated running off with his +1. Ha ha ha.

Eggs are good, Berries are a no. Egg-lovers, you may stake your claim. 


3 Gateway Drive, #02-06, Westgate
8am to 10pm daily
Tel: 64659189

5 Changi Business Park Central 1, #01-37/38, Changi City Point
8a-10.30pm daily
Tel: 66364212


xoxo,
G.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff